Friday 11 January 2013

A blip

My Friday was filled with completing job applications. I've been a stay at home Mum for the past 4 years, but now that my youngest is in Nursery I feel ready to return to work. It was always meant to be a temporary break and now it's time to re-enter the world of work and I'm quite excited by the idea.

It would've been easy to sit and nibble on biscuits or chocolate whilst sat at my laptop, but I made myself a coffee and put out a bowl of grapes to stave off boredom hunger. It worked...


My day will consist mostly of filling out this application form #needlotsofcoffee #healthysnack #slimmingworld

unfortunately the evening brought other challenges that I failed terribly at. I met up with friends for takeout and gossip. I was good and pre-planned my meal, but on the evening I felt bad that everyone else was sharing their dishes so I made the decision to share with everyone else and it was a downhill fall from there, because I then tried other dishes, dipped into starters (and we're talking prawn toast, spring rolls etc) and finished with one of my friends famous chocolate brownies...I'm pretty sure there are about 50 syns in the brownie alone.

I would sit here and write about how I could've avoided the extra syns, but even dieters need a night off once in a while. I'm not going to dwell on it, I'm not even going to kill myself trying to claw back the syns through the rest of the week because from experience this ends with me resenting the diet and I'll go on a binge. I will have 10 syns a day as normal and draw a line under the Friday blowout.

No comments:

Post a Comment